Student Regent Application
WSU Student Regent Overview
The Student Regent represents all WSU students (Pullman, Tri-Cities, Spokane, Vancouver, Everett, and Global Campus) and will hold full rights and voting privileges granted to all members of the Washington State Board of Regents, with the exception of votes on matters relating to the hiring, discipline, or tenure of faculty members and personnel.
- Must be a currently enrolled student at Washington State University at time of appointment, as well as throughout their term.
- Must have a minimum 2.0 grade point average at Washington State University.
- It is suggested that applicants have a general knowledge of the legislative process in the state of Washington and a basic understanding of the functions of the Washington State University Board of Regents, and a strong desire to represent all Washington State University students
It is encouraged that the Student Regent:
- Able to attend student government meetings on each campus (Student Government Council) and Global Campus.
- Have a working relationship with the faculty and staff throughout the university
- Serve as a liaison between the student population and WSU entities
After all applications have been reviewed, the Student Regent Recommendation Committee will select candidates to be interviewed.
Application due date has been extended to Friday, March 15 at 5 p.m.
Applications are due via online submission through regents.wsu.edu by Friday, March 15 at 5 p.m. Applicants will be notified for a potential interview time. Per the American Disability Act, if you need another form of application submission, please download a pdf of the application packet here or contact the resources listed here.
Following interviews and internal deliberations, the Chair of the Recommendation Committee will send three (3) candidates to the Governor's office in Olympia.
Once the final candidates have been forwarded to the Governor, they will select one and recommend that person for approval in the Washington State Senate. That candidate's information will be forwarded to the Washington State University Board of Regents for orientation as a new member of the Board.