- Must be a currently enrolled student at Washington State University at time of appointment, as well as throughout their term.
- Must have a minimum 2.0 grade point average at Washington State University.
- It is suggested that applicants have a general knowledge of the legislative process in the state of Washington and a basic understanding of the functions of the Washington State University Board of Regents, and a strong desire to represent all Washington State University students
It is encouraged that the Student Regent:
- Able to attend student government meetings on each campus (Student Government Council) and Global Campus.
- Have a working relationship with the faculty and staff throughout the university
- Serve as a liaison between the student population and WSU entities
After all applications have been reviewed, the Student Regent Recommendation Committee will select candidates to be interviewed.
Applications are due via online submission through regents.wsu.edu by Monday, March 17 at 5 p.m. Applicants will be notified for a potential interview time. Per the American Disability Act, if you need another form of application submission, please download the application packet (PDF)or contact the resources listed.
Following interviews and internal deliberations, the Chair of the Recommendation Committee will send three (3) candidates to the Governor’s office in Olympia.
Once the final candidates have been forwarded to the Governor, they will select one and recommend that person for approval in the Washington State Senate. That candidate’s information will be forwarded to the Washington State University Board of Regents for orientation as a new member of the Board.
Submit Your Application
The application for Student Regent is now open. It will close on March 17, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.. If you have questions please contact the people listed below.