Article V: Faculty Senate, Staff, Student, Alumni, and Foundation Representatives
- The Chair of the Faculty Senate, the Chair of the Administrative Professional Advisory Council, the President of the Graduate and Professional Student Association, the President of the Associated Students of Washington State University for a particular campus (as determined by the Board Chair), the President of the Alumni Association, and the Chair of the WSU Foundation Board of Governors shall periodically report, as a representative of their respective organizations, to the Board of Regents at its public meetings. The Chair of the Board, in consultation with the University President, shall establish on an annual basis the frequency of oral reports from these organizations.
- The President or Chair of each of these organizations may designate the Vice President or Vice Chair, or the University Vice President responsible for that area, to represent him or her at the meetings of the Board, but may not designate any other person.
- Participation is at the expense of the organizations of the aforementioned representatives and not an expense obligation of the Board. Appearance via videoconferencing, telephone, or other electronic method is acceptable, rather than appearing in person.
- Notice of public meetings shall be given to such representatives in the same manner as notice is given to members of the Board.
- Not less than five (5) days before any regular meeting, the Secretary of the Board shall transmit to each representative a final Agenda setting forth the matters that are to be considered at the meeting.
- When scheduled to speak, such representatives shall be entitled to speak during the public meeting through presentations to the Board as set forth in the Board of Regents meeting Agenda. The representatives shall not be entitled to vote on matters brought before the Board.
- Prior to any meeting at which a representative is scheduled to speak, the representative of each group shall submit a one-page (1-page) report to the Board to be included in the Agenda in accordance with the guidelines for submittal of Agenda material as outlined in Article II, Section 12, of these Bylaws.